EDI create

shanlala
I am new in this forum. I am working as Documentation In Charge at Container Terminal in Chittagong Port. As Terminal Operator we send TDR in Excel format to the Vessel Agent. We want to send the TDR in EDI Baplie file. But unfortunately I have lack knowledge of prepare EDI Baplie file.

Please can anyone help me to know how to create the EDI Baplie file.

Regards;

Shahin.

Re: EDI create

gekseppe
Administrator
Hello Shanlala and welcome to the forum !

A couple of remarks about your post:

1. If you need to send TDR in an EDI format, I would suggest you TPFREP message: I have uploaded here the stable SMDG guide for you;
2. BAPLIE is used just for stowage purposes and is missing of several informations commonly used into TDR; for instance: nr. of cranes used, working times, productivity averages...

Anyway if you decide to go for BAPLIE or TPFREP you need a software (ie. EDI translation engine) which is able to translate the in-house file generated from your main Data Base into a standard UN/EDIFACT message.

Have a look here just to make an idea: that's a free open source project with very good community support.

Good luck !
Gekseppe
My EDI Notes admin

http://myedinotes.blogspot.com

Re: EDI create

Shanlala
Thanks Sir for kind guidance. Hope your suggestion will very helpful for me. After checking I'll update you my progress.

Re: EDI create

Shanlala
Dear Gekseppe,
Is there any software that may generate EDI file from excel sheet? Please help me to get the software.

Thanks in advance.