DESADV, Use of PCI+33E

Mia W
This post was updated on .
About information in a DESADV,

is it correct to put in a colli identification in segment PCI+33E?

Like this:

PCI+33E+00000000000025794452

In this case they want to provide information that the colli has the identification of number 25794452 that should be scanned and found in the colli label.

At my company and in our MIGs for DESADV we demand our suppliers to use SSCC 18 digits in GIN+BJ
Have never heard that anyone uses PCI+33E to provide Colli identity..

Re: DESADV, PCI+33E användning av segmentet

gekseppe
Administrator
Hello.
Please, might you use English?
Thanks!
Gekseppe
My EDI Notes admin

http://myedinotes.blogspot.com

Re: DESADV, Use of segment PCI+33E

Mia W
Thanks!!

Maria

Re: DESADV, Use of segment PCI+33E

gekseppe
Administrator
Hello Maria,

I have not much experience with DESADV but had a look at the UNECE recommendation about the PCI segment here.

What I see is that:

1. Segment should be used to provide "Code specifying instructions for marking.";
2. Code 33E does not exist.

On the other hand, I see that:

1. Segment GIN is used "To give specific identification numbers, either as single numbers or ranges.";
2. Code BJ does not exist.

I would say that the correct place where to store the info should be the GIN segment whilst you should try to reach an agreement with your customer about the code used to identify the object.

That's my 2 cents and hope that's useful to you!

Cheers,