Container specific gravity in BAPLIE file.

Container specific gravity in BAPLIE file.

gekseppe
Administrator
A reader asked me infos about the correct way to show the container vertical center of gravity in a BAPLIE file.

I decided to move this topic here so everyone can join and share his experience.

First of all I checked here http://www.stylusstudio.com/EDIFACT/D95B/BAPLIE.htm and found out that there is the chance to store the Specific Gravity of each container at H.LOC.MEA segment level.

The reader needs "to describe i.e. that an 8.5 feet container has vertical center of gravity at 45% of its height or 3.825 feet from its bottom".

Here is my suggestion:

(...)
LOC+147+0040482::5'
MEA+WT++KGM:21700'
MEA+SPG++FOT:3825+BT'
LOC+9+ESTAR'
LOC+11+ITSAL'
(...)

In this sample we have the following details on MEA segment:
SPG -> Specific Gravity
FOT -> Foot
BT -> Bottom.

If anyone knows a better way to handle this kind of infos please let us know !

Gekseppe
My EDI Notes admin

http://myedinotes.blogspot.com

Re: Container specific gravity in BAPLIE file.

anonymus
Thank you for your information. But SPG was mark for deletion, as I check in your link and it deleted at D99B. I will check if I can use it.