And Difference between D96A and D98A ?

Ram

And Difference between D96A and D98A ?

Ram
Hi,
I am pretty new to this and want to know pros and cons of D96A and D98A?
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rama

Re: And Difference between D96A and D98A ?

gekseppe
Administrator
Hello Rama;

Thanks for joining the forum !

I have moved your topic in the main forum.

All the UN/EDIFACT messages are organized by directories; a directory is a complete collection of about 200 message types; a directory name (e.g. D96A) is created by the letter 'D' which stands for "directory", the year of the definition (96), and an alphabetic character indicating the version within the year (A).

As far as I know there is no reason to prefer a certain directory at the place of another one; the only thing you should take care is your EDI partners expectations/requirements.

In my EDI environment, for instance, all the partners are involved in D95B/D00B and that's the reason I only took care to implement such two directories.

Hope that this help you.

Kindest regards
Gekseppe
My EDI Notes admin